Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lucas: I am not Xabi Aloso

Lucas said he is not Xabi Alonso, according to this.

Damn right you're not.

"Now we have another style of football, and I am being asked to go forward more than Xabi did."
NO, we do not want you to get forward more often than Xabi did. I mean, it helps, but we need someone to play the midfield from deep so that Steven Gerrard can concentrate on getting forward and not wasting his energy and time tracking back, so you need to provide us the service and anchorage Xabi gave last season. However, if Mascherano is playing, I think you're quite free to go more forward, that gives us for option in attacking coz you can play the one-twos with our other attackers and keep it simple.

"I have to always prove I have the quality to be in the team."
Oh yeah you sure have to Mr.Leiva.

No comments:

Post a Comment