Monday, October 19, 2009

Fatimatussolihah binti Aziz

13/10/2009. Several messages entered my ancient cell phone's inbox at once. I was wondering what kind of emergency could this be? I opened the first message,it's from Chai Ling, saying, "Tim passed away." I opened the other messages, they told me pretty much the same thing. Who is this Tim? Do I know any Tim? Can't be that Tim,right? Is this some kind of practical joke?

I went online straight away. I found that my homepage was full of my friends' status updates saying Al-Fatihah Tim, rest in peace. My head started to spin. TIM?? The one and only Tim I knew? This can't be right. I called my friend Asma who's studying in Salem,Tamil Nadu, same place Tim was studying.

Asma confirmed everything. Tim passed away in a car accident that evening. She died on the spot. The driver and another passanger didn't survive, the other passanger was in critical condition. The driver of the car they were riding tried to overtake a car in front of them when a bus came in the opposite direction and collided with the car. Encik Khai, our consule education in Chennai would be coming down there the next day and arranged to bring the body back to Malaysia.

Everything that happened was so sudden it came as a shock to everyone. Who would have expected a healthy, happy-go-lucky, easy going girl to die young? But then, we forgot that God have better plan for her. Tim, may your soul be blessed. You'll always in our hearts.

Allahyarham Fatimatussolihah binti Aziz, or better known as Tim, was a final year dental student, not third year medical student as reported by some Malaysian papers who never bother to get the facts right. One of the papers interviewed another friend, Ting Teck Pei, but it seemed like they had a confusion about my freakishly huge and masculine friend's gender. How shameful. I knew Tim in preU, we were in the same class then. She was one of those anak Terengganu celup who's proud of her root. In our class back then there was another Terengganu celup, a nice guy named Farhan. Well, Farhan lives in Terengganu but he speaks the standard BM better than he speaks Terengganu, so he's always the subject of Tim's teasing. Tim used to say obscene/curse words in bahasa Terengganu in front of him, knowing he didn't know what those words mean, and we both would laugh at him. LOL. Good times.

Tim, I'll always remember you.

2 comments:

  1. Al-Fatihah...she was a friend of mine during primary school....We used to ate the "kacang purple" that she always brought to school everyday....in memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ting here, came to this post by searching my name, hahaha.

    weirdly, i didn't get any interview from any paper and my name is there? LOL.

    so soon, it's already nearly 1 year, and we're going to sit for exam, which she would've been sitting too.

    life gotta move on! :)

    ReplyDelete