Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Question of the day: Is our manager trying to get himself sacked?

I'd love to hear your opinions.

I agree with Gerrard's substitution with Aurelio in the 24th min (that is soo unlike Rafael Benitez to make such an early change).

But Voronin in for Benayoun?? When we were 1-1 level with Lyon and there were like 5minutes to final whistle? Seriously Benayoun, who in my eyes was our best attacker tonight? The first thing that crossed my mind is: Is he trying to get himself sacked?? I don't see any rational in this substitution. What does Voronin have that Benayoun does not have? I could usually see the rational behind Rafa's decisions even if I don't agree with them, but I'm totally in the dark on this one.

By the way, Martin Kelly was fantastic. This is the first time I watch him play and he impresses me.He looks like a genuine deal. Are you watching, Mr. Capello?That was a great cross for Aurelio to head in from a point-blank range. And it seems like we went down to pieces when Kelly was taken off due to injury. Nice move from Lucas and Aurelio to set the 1st goal, and Kelly attacking the ball in the penalty box gave space for Benayoun to score. And I think I should do an official count on how many times players give away balls. I think if a meteor happened to fall down from the sky and hit your head tomorrow, you'd blame Lucas too. (kidding).

Insua was %^&*. What the hell happened to him? I thought Rafa was going to sub him with Aurelio in the 24th minute, I was almost going to applause Rafa for that. Kuyt was not very effective, but did few alright link-up plays. Aurelio crossed for Benayoun's goal and almost added one to his name too if it's not for that world class save from their keeper.

I miss the times when we used to know how to pass!

I haven't done the maths yet, but I think we do need to win all 3 of the remaining games. 2 away,1 home.Tough ones, with the way we're playing, we might end up in the Europa League after group stage.

4 comments:

  1. it's sad to see what happen to our team ..
    we should stand by Liverpool FC ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu la..sedih la tgk..
    sakit hati tp syg lg..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. KITA MENANG DGN SEMANGAT DAN KESUNGGUHAN .. TEWAS TIDAK BERMAKNA KITA MENGALAH!!! KEEP ON FIGHTING REDS !!! esk ada yang makan gulai lemak cili padi kat ofc .. dah lama makan dlm nih sis !!!! Tahniah to all REDS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH BRO WE TOTALLY DID IT!!!

    YNWA!!!

    ReplyDelete