Thursday, July 16, 2009

cont: michael james owen

oh.my.god.
i hyperventilated upon reading the report that the biggest scum of a club have signed a player who used to be a kopites' favourite.

Owen u pompous selfish ungrateful sum of a beach. (n0 pun intended for mrs. owen. that's why i spell it that way). how could u???

u left when we needed u most.
u said u left in search for European glory, which Liverpool were unlikely to deliver.
but after u left, we got along just fine. we even got the mightiest European glory of all time. then we sign an unarguably fine striker that is Fernando Torres.
In simple words, we probably haven't been missing u at all, Mikey.

But still..
I would be lying if I say I do not care that Owen is now a Manchester United player. Their no 7, in fact, sharing the number with other Manchester United legends. I shudder to think of the possibility of Owen becoming THEIR legend but that would probably not gonna happen.

Liverpool fans across the world have been indifferent to this shocking signing. But for me, who grow up watching Michael Owen score goals, it's been hard.

I'm not exaggerating when I say my love affair with Liverpool Football Club started with Michael Owen. When i first laid my eyes on him (on tv, of course), I did not know a thing about football. The first thing I noticed about football was that joy on the players' faces, their passions translated into their reactions on football pitches, and I noticed all these when I first saw the game that Owen scored. I don't remember which game though. Then i came across a Michael Owen poster, a promotional poster by Pepsi for World Cup 1998, quoted: i have always wanted to be a footballer.....(dont remember).......it doesn't matter whether u or ur teammates score, what matters is that ur team win the game. and i thought: wow, this guy is a star yet he is so humble and selfless. made me like him even more. (and he is kinda cute.)

Who could forget that FA Cup final against Arsenal which Owen single-handedly won for us?
Then...he left us for Real Madrid. I thought I would change my allegiance since Owen was the reason I supported Liverpool in the first place..I thought my allegiance would leave Liverpool together with Owen..I thought I would pledge allegiance to Real..I thought Real was my new passion..well, it was, but it was also a short-lived one.

Then I realised that nothing, NOTHING could ever change the way I feel about Liverpool.
I am a Red for life.
I bleed Red.

With that said, I wish Owen all the very best for the future, but on the other hand I dont want him to succeed coz that would prove Slur Alex was right to sign him..just please dont score against Liverpool like Keane did..=p

No comments:

Post a Comment